The parent participation component of our school is rich and deep. The contributions of each family are vital to the functioning of the school. The following list outlines the key requirements of participation:
- Weekly work day - Tuesday/Thursday parents work during the school day about two or three times each month. Monday/Wednesday/Friday parents work about three to four days per month.
- Five evening parent education meetings with an expert speaker per year.
- Monthly class meetings during your child's regular class day led by the teacher.
- Each family serves on a committee or takes a leadership role through our MVPNS Board of Directors. Some examples of committees are community outreach, silent auction, beautification, curriculum support, and finance.
- In order to keep the equipment and facility safe and attractive, each family contributes six hours of maintenance/beautification work per year. Note that MVPNS board members are exempt from the beautification hours.
- Families participate in the two major fundraising events: the fall family concert and spring silent auction.
- Participation in the eScrip/paper scrip program.
- A welcome coffee is scheduled in June.
- A class orientation meeting during the first week in September.
MVPNS families say it is well worth their commitment. Parents and children have the pleasure of learning and playing side by side. Families build a strong community of friends that can last a lifetime. Teachers provide invaluable insights into parenting and child development.