What is Corporate Matching?
Corporate Matching is a terrific and easy way to double your contributions to MVPNS! Many companies offer excellent matching programs and they are often an overlooked and untapped resource.
For example, if your employer has a program that matches dollar for dollar, and you donate $100 to MVPNS, your company would donate an additional $100 to MVPNS.
Personal monetary donations are the most common type of matching donation, however, many companies also pay matching gifts for:
- Fundraising efforts
- Some companies will match funds raised by the employee (not personally contributed) for a charitable event that the employee actively participates in. Examples specific to MVPNS include:
- Selling Justin Roberts concert tickets
- Participating in the Down By The Bay 5K race and getting sponsorships
- Having a birthday party and requesting that in lieu of presents that your guests donate to MVPNS instead
How do I find out if my company has a Corporate Matching program?
- Personal Volunteer hours
- This would not include things like your normal classroom workdays but would include:
- Hours worked beyond your required 6 hrs of Beautification hours
- Hours worked by your spouse in the classroom (who is not the usual workparent)
- Volunteering on the day of the 5K with logistics or selling bags and t-shirts
- Volunteering to sell CDs at the Justin Roberts concert
You can check using the database that we subscribe to at https://doublethedonation.com/mvpns
If your company is not listed in the Doublethedonation database, you can also check with your HR department.
My company has a Corporate Matching program – what do I need to do?
You will need to submit a matching gift request through your company. Many companies use external services such as EasyMatch or Benevity to process these requests and the submission process is electronic. You will need to provide information about our school (for example, mailing address, Tax ID, which can be found here: http://mvpns.roundtablelive.org/donate
) and once the request is processed, the matching gift will be sent directly to MVPNS.
We have compiled a summary of key matching program information for a partial list of companies. Please refer to this list
for links to the electronic forms.
If you do not see your company on the list, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll be happy to research your company.
Please apply for your matching gifts soon
– most companies have submission deadlines and the requests take a few months to be processed and for MVPNS to receive the donations.
Please contact Sue Yuen, Corporate Matching Coordinator, at email@example.com